Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and blockchains for payments and commerce worldwide. Circle is the pioneer of USDC, the fastest growing, regulated digital currency that is backed by US dollars. There are currently close to $500 million USDC in circulation, more than $1.7 billion USDC have been issued in under a year's time, and over $30B in online payments have been made with this breakthrough payment technology. Circle was founded in 2013 and is backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Accel Partners, Blockchain Capital, Pantera and Digital Currency Group, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin and London. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere.
We're looking for a motivated, hungry self-starter who is excited about being out front on this mission with us as the first member of our Account Executive team for a new line of business Circle recently launched. You'll report to the COO, but will also be working closely with the CEO to open doors and close deals as well as with our product and marketing leadership teams to provide feedback and input as our products and services evolve.
The right Account Executive candidate will be a sales professional who is not only expert at their craft, but has the in tellect and mindset to thrive in our collaborative, results-driven environment at the bleeding edge of financial technology. If the person in this role also shows leadership and team-building capability within Circle, we will absolutely consider building a sales team around her or him. What you'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Working closely with our COO, you'll play an integral role establishing our earliest sales goals, primarily focused on solution selling, but also providing input on our planned build-out of a velocity model
- Achieving/Exceeding your metrics for sales and bringing in revenue:
- Building your strategic monthly, quarterly, and annual target plan
- Identifying and creating a target prospect list
- Drafting your plan of attack for hitting your quota
- Tracking, forecasting, and reporting sales activity and metrics
- Developing and executing on a solution sales strategy focused on net-new accounts and the farming of current accounts in the fintech space including e-commerce, blockchain, and fintechs that operate in the non-crypto/blockchain space.
- Clearly articulating Circle's value proposition and competitive advantages as compared with competition within our target markets
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of each customer's key business drivers and how Circle's capabilities will enable each customer to drive their business forward
- Working with marketing to create high impact presentations and sales tools designed to highlight value to customers
- Collaborating across all departments to ensure we consistently delight and show value to our customers, from our first touch to deal close to ongoing customer experience.
- Being a good listener and able to turn client feedback into actionable strategies by providing customer input to our Product and Marketing leaders as we iterate on our product requirements and roadmap.
- 5+ years of experience selling into the B2B enterprise market with experience navigating complex B2B sales cycles. This means you already know how to:
- Reach decision makers
- Compete and win against fierce competition
- Develop such positive relationships with your customers they they're thrilled to be references
- While prior experience in a high-growth/fast-paced fintech or payments business is ideal, the table stakes for this role include your passion for personal and professional growth as well as to crush it with us on this fintech frontier
- Proven track record of:
- Meeting/Exceeding sales goals, ideally in a startup or analogous environment
- Outstanding relationship management
- Accurate forecasting and reporting
- Managing complex deals from inception, navigating legal & procurement to close
- Ability to humbly articulate evidence of both your historical ability to succeed and what you've learned from your failures and challenges - and continue to do this for the foreseeable future
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships across all levels of a business
- Exceptional communication skills, including
- Comfort, ability, and experience in presentations, both internally and externally
- Strong presence, both in person and on the phone
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Smart, organized, self-motivated, flexible, team player with a sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to grow a business
- Already trained on a reputable B2B enterprise/SMB sales methodology
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel 25% of the time, as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.