Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and blockchains for payments and commerce worldwide. Circle is the pioneer of USDC, the fastest growing, regulated digital currency that is backed by US dollars. There are currently close to $500 million USDC in circulation, more than $1.7 billion USDC have been issued in under a year's time, and over $30B in online payments have been made with this breakthrough payment technology. Circle was founded in 2013 and is backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Accel Partners, Blockchain Capital, Pantera and Digital Currency Group, with offices in Boston, New York, Dublin and London. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Your team is responsible for:
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Circle, you'll build out AWS managed services to meet growing worldwide customer base across multiple AWS regions. You'll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Circle teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment. You'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Automate configuration of AWS infrastructure using AWS APIs in scripting languages such as Python
- Design highly available and resilient cross-region infrastructure
- Plan and test disaster recovery scenarios for a highly available microservices architecture
- Collaborate with the Security team to create and maintain security focused tools and frameworks
- Enthusiasm for the craft of software engineering and ability to collaborate across engineering groups to deliver and support Circle products
- See problems as opportunities for automation
- 4+ years experience as a AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, VPC, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and ECS/EKS
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with either Cloudformation or Terraform
- Configuration management and automation experience with Ansible, Python, and Boto
- Experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining monitoring and alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.