Clearmatics is a B2B fintech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency.
We are committed advocates of Open Source development and are active participants in the Web3 community. We have close ties to Ethereum Foundation and the Company is a founding member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.
We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire a Software Engineer - Python.
You'll be joining a team that is building innovative tools, services, and frameworks to solve hard engineering problems and ensure that our software achieves our rigorous standards for correctness and high-reliability.
This role is based in our Clearmatics London office.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong Python programming skills with a focus on back-end or systems-level development
- Experience programming in at least one statically-typed language (Golang, C/C++, Rust)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and systematically
- A good understanding of Linux OS, TCP/IP networking, and common network protocols
- Proficient in development and Bash shell scripting in a Linux CLI environment
- Experience developing/testing REST, gRPC, or JSON-RPC APIs in a microservice architecture
- An appreciation of the development practices that contribute to software quality
- Familiar with Docker/OCS container-based development workflow and Kubernetes orchestration
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Ethereum ecosystem experience: APIs, clients, protocols, algorithms, and technologies
- Practical knowledge of distributed systems, consensus algorithms, and P2P technologies
- Knowledge of Solidity smart contract language and testing with Truffle and Node.js
- Experience with test automation frameworks and component/integration/system testing
- Expertise in network capture, packet analysis/filtering, and software-defined networking
- Fluency in SQL and experience with relational database management (PostgreSQL, SQLite)
- Experience with financial products or market infrastructure in a financial institution
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you'd like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company.