Clearmatics is a B2B FinTech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency.
We are committed advocates of Open Source development and are active participants in the Web3 community. We have close ties to the Ethereum Foundation and the Company is a founding member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to shape and accelerate rapid career growth.
We've recently announced the close of our Series A funding round and are now looking to hire a PRODUCT ANALYST (REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING) to help drive the next stage of the company's growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for the engineering, specification and management of product, software and systems requirements throughout the Product development cycle. As part of the Platform team, you will design and develop distributed systems and applications, engineering requirements specifications for the company's protocols and software products. You will work with:
- Product Owners to define and understand the functional, non-functional and quality attributes of protocols and software products;
- Architects, R&D, Engineers, QA & Test to:
- Elaborate precise, measurable, detailed software requirements specifications for input into software engineering design and test case development activities;
- Review protocol and software design specifications to validate requirements conformance by those designs.
This role is based in our Clearmatics London office.
You will be responsible for the following:
We are working to provide a number of distributed systems to some of the world's leading financial institutions. You will be heavily involved in solving challenging and complex problems faced in banking and capital markets, using cutting-edge technology. As the product analyst, you will work closely with the product owner, customers and system/product architects to understand their requirements, before working with internal developers, technical architects and business partners to design and develop applications/distributed systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Product requirements discovery
- Software requirements analysis
- Systems analysis - technical analysis to understand software and system dependencies and constraints, including technical interfaces and APIs;
- Requirements documentation - authorship of software requirements specifications, defining in natural or (semi-)formal language specific functional requirements, constraints, performance and software quality attributes using ISO/IEC/IEEE recommended practice and methodologies;
- Requirements conformance - participating in design review and validating engineering designs conform to software requirements
- Requirements management - maintenance of product and software requirements through the development cycle and as the Product Roadmap evolves;
- Working with platform architects, product owners, developers, test and QA, and business partners to design and develop applications/distributed systems;
- Stakeholder management - responding to requests for clarification of requirements, attending stakeholder meetings.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Requirements engineering - proven and established experience in analysis and design of requirements in software / systems engineering environments within product development and SDLC processes;
- Strong analytic skills. Ability to work and think at different levels of abstraction - generic, conceptual, concrete;
- Strong writing skills and high ability to express technical ideas in a semantically correct form;
- Ability to undertake semantic and textual analysis, participate in peer reviews with business and technical staff;
- Analysis methodologies - experience in use and application of different requirements analysis methodologies and modes of working - Agile, structured, interviews, use case/scenario, R&D/prototyping;
- System modelling - static and behavioural models using notations such as flow diagramming, BPMN, UML;
- Standards - experience in working in a software or systems engineering environment working according to ISO/IEC/IEEE recommended practices and standards such as IEEE 830, IEEE 1016, ISO/IEC 25010, ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Distributed systems or blockchain experience; analysis and design of distributed systems;
- SDLC methodologies - Agile and structured SDLCs;
- Architecture - experience of working with architects in one or more of infrastructure, systems, software, data or business context;
- Programming or scripting in one or more languages; SQL; familiarity with semantic technology (e.g. W3C SKOS, OWL, RDF) or other forms of knowledge representation (e.g. graph); understanding of common data structures and computer algorithms.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills;
- Proficient with version control systems (Git) and leveraging version control for document management and change tracking;
- Markdown workflows for document authoring.
- Interest in systems modelling notations such as SysML.
ATTRIBUTES - What we need from you (as an ideal candidate)
- You will have proven experience of requirements engineering and software development.
- You will be able to think in both technical and business terms and understand how to translate product requirements into precise, measurable and testable software requirements specifications for input to engineering design and test/QA.
- You will be able to work with architects and engineers to review software design specifications.
- You will be able to understand how engineering design requirements meet product and software requirements and verify requirements conformance.
- You will be an excellent communicator with previous experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- You will have a pragmatic approach to delivery but will be able to remain aware of the conceptual bigger picture; you will have a proven track record of delivering work items to time-lines.
- You will have a rigorous analytical mindset and be able to write technical specifications in clear and unambiguous English.
- You will be a good listener but also be able to make your voice heard.
- You will be able to take ownership and make decisions whilst balancing this with knowing when you need to get advice.
- You will be curious both about the technology and the wider business and societal implications of our systems.
NICE TO HAVES
- Software product experience
- Open Source awareness - experience of working in an open source environment or engagement in an open source community
- Experience of working in a software business where intellectual property (IP) management is a central concern
- A background in FinTech, Blockchain or knowledge of Capital Markets
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you'd like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company.