Clearmatics is a B2B FinTech startup that designs, develops and operates member-owned and member-governed digital cash settlement systems. Founded in 2015 as a London-based Ethereum R&D company, our mission is to reform market infrastructure by disrupting the common denominator across almost every market: cash settlement in fiat currency.
We are committed advocates of Open Source development and are active participants in the Web3 community. We have close ties to the Ethereum Foundation and the Company is a founding member of the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.
We are scaling rapidly and looking to hire a and are now looking to hire an IT Systems Administrator - Linux / Mac to join our growing Operations team, working closely with Devops to manage and support our internal infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to shape and accelerate rapid career growth.
You must be a team player, comfortable working under your own steam and are used to working in a fast paced, innovative environment.
As our IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for our internal infrastructure - ensuring maximum network and services uptime and having ownership of onsite hardware. As a member of the ISO 27001 compliance team, you will assist in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) and overall security of Clearmatics systems.
You will be pragmatic with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, as well as a strong sense of 'what good looks like'. You will thrive in a fast-paced and self-learning environment and contribute well in a team setting.
This role is based in our Clearmatics London office.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Providing Level 1 and Level 2 support for hardware and internal services.
- Maintaining office network and related hardware.
- Provisioning and maintaining hardware including Linux and MacOS laptops, screens and tvs.
- Implementing company-wide anti-virus.
- Administering user accounts and access control.
- Acting as the company data officer.
- Maintaining and developing ISO 27001 accreditation.
- Determining internal SLAs for this function and ensuring that they are met.
- Implementing, building and maintaining the internal company IT knowledge base (i.e. suite of documents that describe certain key processes, how-to guides, etc).
- Owning asset management of internal IT hardware (e.g. “mobile devices” + monitors, printers, etc).
- Acting as first point of call for any IT support request from anywhere in the business (including support for remote workers).
- Owning the monitoring of compliance against ISO 27001 obligations (e.g. password policy).
- Continuous improvement of company network and infrastructure security
You will have ownership of:
- Provisioning and maintenance of hardware.
- Maintenance of the office network (switches, router, firewall, access points).
- Monitoring of hardware and services to facilitate proactive management.
- Day-to-day IT operations.
Success will be measured by:
- Network and infrastructure uptime.
- Ability to proactively monitor internal infrastructure and services.
- Incident rates and response time.
- Incident resolution time.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of delivering and managing internal infrastructure in an SME or rapidly scaling start-up environment.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - able to articulate what "good" looks like, work with stakeholders to iterate and agree a plan and get their buy-in for delivering it.
- Demonstrable track record of having built things within a best practice environment.
- Strong experience with networking - routers and firewalls.
- Strong UNIX skills (Linux).
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure (AWS and GCP in particular).
- Happy to provide hands-on support around everything from hardware and peripherals to AV through to the cloud.
- Comfortable working in a new field and willing to learn new skills.
- Ideally a degree in computing or a related field.
- VOIP experience.
- Experience working in a 'mission-critical' or 'no downtime' environment.
- Interest in Open Source Technologies.
- Security Experience.
- Good grasp of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Demonstrable interest in blockchain, cryptography and/or distributed systems.
What we value at Clearmatics:
- Collaboration and respect
- Honesty & Humility
- Ability to challenge opinions with logic and evidence
- Willingness to work hard and solve hard problems
- Passion for distributed technology, cryptography, and their implications for society
- Continuous improvement and learning.
If you'd like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Central London location in bright, spacious offices.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working and possibility to work remotely.
- Relocation assistance.
- Company pension.
- Hardware budget to give our developers the best equipment.
- Professional development - annual individual Learning & Development budget.
- Monthly Friday company meeting with pizza and beers.
- "Show and Tell" sessions - knowledge sharing across teams.
- Great kitchen filled with your favourite British specialties.
- Joining a fast-growing, game-changing, FinTech company.