At the heart of BC Group, is a committed team of amazing people. We are focused on building an exceptional work environment where our people can bring their very best to work every day. We believe in hard work, collaboration and authenticity.
We are pioneers building a new fintech eco-system and looking for like-minded people to join our team. If you are someone who is driven by making a difference, we would be excited to talk to you!
We are currently seeking a high caliber Engineer to join our Service Delivery, Production Support team.
- Ensure the operation and availability of 24x7 (on-call) financial trading platforms
- Manage incidents, issues and changes
- Hands on responsibility across many technology streams
- Key role supporting a rapidly growing business
- Enforce quality and consistency in the platform
- Ensure a high customer experience
- Work across many teams, including infrastructure, application development, security, account management, sales.
- 7+ years experience supporting a 24x7 Commercial Enterprise product
- Solid grasp of technical operations and their translation to business processes
- Strong experience with managing incidents and customer requests, and ITIL service management know-how
- Provide instant operations support to Front-line traders and back-office operations
- Experience with data analysis and performance trending (ELK, InfluxDB, Grafana)
- Experience in load testing and performance profiling systems
- Experience on providing user trainings during client onboarding exercises
- Scripting or coding experience using bash, java, nodejs, python, groovy to automate operations.
- Use of workflow tools to implement reliable and repeatable processes
- Fierce belief in the principal of 'if it's not monitored it's not in production'
- Knowledge of information security is a big plus
- Proactive, self-guided learner who enjoys keeping up with the latest advancements in distributed systems technology
- High energy, passionate team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work, learn, and thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work independently
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for an Engineer, Service Delivery position
Experience supporting enterprise systems including
- Trading system in FX and order management systems
- Monitoring market and trading (OMS, FIX) operations
- IT Service Management tools (Jira Service Desk, ServiceNow, ZenDesk)
- Application services (Web / Java / Nodejs / Messaging)
- Databases (Postgres , Mysql, Oracle, Sybase, Redis)
- Log and metric collection and processing (ELK)
- Documentation of processes, risk management and business analysis
- Client onboarding and ongoing relationship management