NextID is creating next-generation academic certification and identity solutions with the blockchain. We are building a variety of products including web and mobile applications, on top of leading standards and technology frameworks. Our team is distributed across the world, in Singapore, US and Vietnam. We are working to an agile methodology and hope to grow and mature our tech processes, and you have an opportunity to influence our journey!
Primary job description
- Follow best coding practices when developing, MVC, proper coding standards (through JSLint, etc), proper unit testing, etc.
- Actively communicate with team during development processes.
- Be willing to pick up any other technology stacks such as Ethereum, web3.js, etc when required.
Skills & requirements
No prior work experience needed or any minimum qualifications as long as you can show that you have the following skills:
- Know what npm, bower, async, closures, ES6, jshint, continuous integration (CI) are.
- Have great understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), functional programming and good programming practices
- Strong relational database knowledge (PostgreSQL) and also non-relational database knowledge (eg. MongoDB, key-value stores)
- Experienced in working with code versioning system (Git) and bug/issues tracker
- Students and interns are welcomed to apply as long as you can commit at least 30 hours per week
- Comfortable working remotely via telecommuting. We will be working closely via Slack video calls and other collaboration tools.
Not required for the job, but do let us know if you have experience with any of the following:
Please send a cover letter addressing the skills and requirements and CV (if your LinkedIn profile isn't comprehensive, but it should be).