Location: San Francisco, CA About us:
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 50 countries. With the success of our flagship product, Coinbase Consumer, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are now proud to offer an entire suite of products that make accessing cryptocurrencies easy and secure, in addition to new products that operate at the frontiers of crypto and blockchain.
The Identity Team plays a critical role in executing on that vision-our mission is to swiftly and accurately answer the questions "who is this customer?" (i.e. authentication) and "is this customer who they say they are?" (i.e. verification). We pursue hard engineering problems like secure user authentication, ID document verification and biometric identity verification, with a focus on building a secure and frictionless user experience.
This is where you come in-you'll work closely with design, product, compliance, fraud, security, customer success, and mobile teams to build the Identity frontend that will help onboard our next 100 million customers to Coinbase.com. If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
A little about our team: we're a full-stack team with experts in frontend, backend and product and we take efficient execution to heart. We are a small team and you will have a lot of ownership over the product and a substantial impact on our success! We are thoughtful about code quality, testing and architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day and have great monitoring, alerting and debugging tools for production. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our Identity mobile flows (e.g. authentication, two-factor setup, identity verification).
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable.
- Build, test and ship new user-facing Identity experiences in modern tools like React Native, Typescript, React Navigation, Redux, Redux Sagas, and Hooks.
- Debugging & bug-fixing experience using Crashlytics on mobile, bugsnag on web, and other debugging tools.
- Bridging native modules for React Native.
- Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to haves:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in developing apps with React.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in developing React Native mobile apps.
- You're familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're comfortable with identifying and fixing performance bottlenecks.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You've built, tested, and shipped native mobile apps using Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java.
- You've worked on product scale mobile apps.
- You've helped move existing native apps to React Native.
- You've worked on mobile teams to build developer SDKs.
- You've worked on mobile teams in the identity, security, or finance space.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.