Location: San Francisco, CA About us:
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 50 countries. With the success of our flagship product, Coinbase Consumer, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are now proud to offer an entire suite of products that make accessing cryptocurrencies easy and secure, in addition to new products that operate at the frontiers of crypto and blockchain.
The Data Software Engineer in Infrastructure will own the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cost Strategy and Optimization for Coinbase Infrastructure in the near term and over the long term expand their scope to own beyond AWS to other services such as our larger Infrastructure contracts (MongoDB, Datadog). Their initial goal will be to reduce our AWS bill through transparency (tagging/reporting), communication with customers, and helping to set goals and prioritize optimization efforts both short and long-term. You will become the authority in how we are utilizing our key Infrastructure services.What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- You will own and reduce our month-over-month cost by double-digit percentages in your first 6 months.
- You will help to achieve greater than 90% tagging coverage for our primary services on AWS across all primary accounts.
- You will implement cost and utilization monitoring and reporting to be used by every Engineering team.
- Automate reporting to every P&L owner for their costs for both monthly P&L updates and regular weekly updates/changes.
- Aggressively identify and bubble-up to teams and business partners cost optimization recommendations.
- Learn how our services use different AWS services across various accounts and features.
- Produce and maintain clear and detailed per-team and global listing of all services used and for what products.
- You have experience with AWS services/features and are passionate about learning about newer ones and how we utilize them.
- You have a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- You love efficiency and optimization.
- Experience with large data set tools, development, and reporting.
- Experience with larger organizational planning and project management.
- You are experienced with communicating to Engineers, Managers, and Leadership.
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality in an independent environment.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.