Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We're looking for a strategic, hands-on product marketing manager to build and lead Coinbase's go-to-market plan for Japan. Depending on the day, Japan is the second or third largest crypto market by volume. As the PMM for Japan, you'll be on the forefront of leading the go-to-market strategy for our launch in Japan. Coinbase's mission is to be the most trusted, most secure and most user friendly crypto company. You will be in charge of crafting our product and marketing voices to fit with the Japanese market and to differentiate Coinbase amongst competitors.
You'll work closely with our Japan team, product, design, support and communications to execute on our launch in Japan. Responsibilities:
- You will own the go-to-market strategy for Coinbase's Japan launch
- You will be the voice of the customer and an expert on the Japanese user to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and external communications
- You will execute multiple aspects of product marketing; from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, education and engagement campaigns, events and communication
- You will work cross-functionally with product, design, brand, communications, support, etc. to fuel ongoing product adoption and go-to-market launches
- You will measure and report performance of product marketing initiatives, gain insight and assess against goals
Nice to have:
- You have 5+ years of Product Marketing Management experience
- You are a Japanese native or have spent 5+ years living in Japan and can speak Japanese fluently
- You are scrappy and enjoy transforming ambiguity into clear, actionable next steps
- You clearly articulate the essence of products and the value they create; you can develop strategic positioning, a strong messaging hierarchy, and effective content strategy plan; you can also play copywriter
- You're execution focused with a bias toward action, a great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier; you never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You have led the product market strategy for an international market before
- You have crypto experience and a knowledge of the Japanese crypto market
- You have worked at a consumer-facing fintech company