Location: San Francisco, CA About us:
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 50 countries. With the success of our flagship product, Coinbase Consumer, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are now proud to offer an entire suite of products that make accessing cryptocurrencies easy and secure, in addition to new products that operate at the frontiers of crypto and blockchain.
At Coinbase, data scientists are focused on this critical step of converting data into learnings. As a data scientist, you will be the key person for interpreting data, sharing findings, building models, and creating tools that make it easy for everyone at Coinbase to understand what the data means and what we should do about it.
You'll spend part of your time working directly with product teams - engineers, designers, and product managers - to ensure we're focused on the biggest opportunities and interpreting our data correctly. And you'll spend the other part of your time with the data team building analytics models and systems that help scale our insights more broadly, both throughout the company and directly in the product. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Measure business performance, develop core metrics and create dashboards to track and understand them
- Work with product and engineering teams to design experiments for new product ideas, and analyze the results to provide actionable recommendations
- Perform deep analyses and build models to understand customer behavior, and extract key insights that impact product decisions
- Synthesize data learnings into compelling stories and communicate them throughout Coinbase
- Act as a strategic partner to product and engineering leaders to help prioritize opportunities and inform product strategy
- Prototype new analytics & machine learning models that improve both our insights and the product directly
- Work with the broader Data team to find ways to scale our insights through better systems and automation
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrate our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- Understanding of statistical concepts and experience in applying them
- Experience in data analyses using SQL
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala/Spark, or Perl)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years relevant experience or MS/PhD degree + 1 year in related fields
- Previous experience working with financial services data is a plus
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence platform
- Domain experience in product, marketing or growth analytics
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.