Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Coinbase's Content Marketing Manager, Institutional will partner closely with Coinbase Custody and institutional exchange teams to devise, build, write, and deliver high impact, content-led marketing activities that amplify and reinforce the intelligence and relevance of our institutional brand, and bolster growth across a variety of institutional client segments. This person will act as an entrepreneur, building and executing a best-in-class strategy around generating reports, insights, and industry round-ups that can be used to drive awareness and the value props of our institutional offerings across many channels.
The ideal candidate brings deep knowledge of financial services, instruments and asset classes, and a (minimum) working knowledge of crypto. Additionally, this person shows a combination of strategic thinking, a hands' on approach as a "builder," a thirst for knowledge about the institutional client, attention to detail, and seamless project management and execution capabilities. As it relates to the craft, this candidate demonstrates analytical rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a driving curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-moving world. Responsibilities:
- Build the programs alongside the rest of the marketing team to proactively drive our narrative and raise our institutional profile via social campaigns, events, videos, and earned media moments.
- Draft institutional-grade content, market reports, and newsletters.
- Create and produce all externally-facing outputs from institutional events that aligns to institutional business and Parent Company brand priorities.
- Serve as the keeper of the Coinbase institutional brand narrative and provide fresh, up-to-date materials for all teams to tailor to their needs.
- Support overall vision for institutional marketing, introducing ideas and robust approaches for better understanding our clients' needs and how we most effectively communicate with them.
- Measure impact and uncover insights across client activities to help drive decisions for future planning.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the Content team to schedule, amplify, and cross-promote institutional content programs.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Expertise in financial content marketing . You have proven experience creating content about products, financial instruments, and asset classes across financial services relevant to institutional investors, family offices, funds, and VCs.
- Good judgement. Coinbase is operating in a highly-regulated and rapidly-evolving global space. Everything we publish has the potential to meaningfully affect people's lives (and wealth). You recognize and respect that responsibility.
- Initiative and collaboration . We're at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way are critical to everyone's success.
- Self-starter with flexible mindset . In shades of gray, you are comfortable devising an informed point of view. You don't need firm guidelines in place in order to get started. In fact, you are happy to put something down that everyone can work from.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We're a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- Allergy to jargon and relentless drive for accuracy . We care about what we say and how we say it. Every word matters.