As a Data Analyst in Risk Product & Analytics team, youâ€™ll join a data-driven team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience and mitigating the associated risks. You will conduct in-depth analysis to draw insight around product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to test and implement business logic that reduces the sources of financial and reputational risk for the business. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who seek a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What youâ€™ll work on
What youâ€™ll bring to Circle
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create infrastructure to allow the implementation of effective rules to mitigate risks.
- Plan the additional product controls required for new features, new product launches or any additional risk exposure.
- Design, calculation and monitoring of Risk KPIs.
- Perform complex data analysis on customer behavior, risk strategies and rule accuracy and performance to draw insights and propose applicable changes
- Design, test, implement and monitor logic for new or existing risk rules around KYC, fraud, account-takeovers and anti-money laundering.
- Utilize machine learning models built by our data-science to take appropriate actions on transactions and customers.
- Maintain a software stack of automated monitors and alerts to keep tabs on abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule efficiency and performance.
- Creation of dashboards to deliver valuable insights that drive decision making
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst
- Experience working within risk or product domain with a focus on customer behavior a plus
- Extensive knowledge of SQL (postgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Additional technical skills a plus (E.g. python)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree. A quantitative or technical degree a plus
- Understanding of fraud and account take-overs a plus
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle
. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.