The Deputy General Counsel, Corporate role will be based in Boston and report directly to the Chief Legal Officer. ÂYou will be responsible for overseeing all global corporate legal operations, including corporate governance, strategic transactions, financings, partnerships, and commercial contracts. You will serve as a senior leader on the legal team, managing the corporate legal team and working closely with the Chief Legal Officer to develop objectives and key results for the team. What Youâ€™ll Work On
What Youâ€™ll Bring to Circle
- Manage and lead members of Circleâ€™s corporate legal team and develop strategic plans to meet company objectives and priorities.
- Legal lead for all material company transactions, including acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, equity financings, debt facilities, and commercial partnerships.
- Serve as assistant secretary of the corporation, assisting the chief legal officer on corporate governance and board of directors issues.
- Oversee global entity structuring for 20+ legal entities across several countries.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with investors, outside counsel and other key parties on global legal operations and corporate transactions.
- Advise the Chief Legal Officer and the rest of the executive team on key risks, strategies and overall planning.
- Work closely with the finance, compliance, business development, engineering and other teams on the development of new product offerings.
- Lead the negotiation of all material contracts, ranging from significant vendor contracts to crypto-asset purchase and sale agreements.
- Undergraduate and law degrees; active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 10+ years of experience, including at least 3 years in-house experience at a cutting edge consumer technology and/or financial services company. ÂExperience in financings, public offerings, and M&A is essential; senior corporate role at a prominent law firm is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach professionals with a positive, team-building attitude, and to interact productively and collaboratively with finance, compliance, business development, engineering and other teams at the company.
- Experience managing other attorneys and legal team members, building a legal budget, and developing forward-looking strategies for operations and transactions.
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, strong business acumen and excellent judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Superior drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable providing legal guidance on short timelines and with limited information and then helping to execute on the business decision â€" even if it involves legal risks.
- Passion and depth of experience with blockchain technology is preferred; willingness to learn more about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency is required.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and business ethics. Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Commitment to diversity and a respect for others.
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. In March 2019, Circle acquired SeedInvest, the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.