Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Moving and transacting financial assets safely is core to executing on our vision and building our brand of trust. The payments team builds shared infrastructure for Coinbase to securely store and trade billion dollars of assets. We take on hard engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on building high reliability services for product teams.
A little about our team: we take continuous learning to heart. We often dive into computational, financial and economic theory to better understand the engineering problems we face. We also make sure that we have the best tools for the job - we are thoughtful about code quality, testing and architecture, we push code to production confidently multiple times a day, work primarily on microservices and have great monitoring, alerting and debugging tools for production. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities:
- Design secure and highly reliable services to integrate with blockchains and add new cryptocurrency assets to Coinbase.
- Write infrastructural services that provide secure storage, accounting and transactional services to help our customers trade assets safely.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Knowledge in designing, building, scaling and maintaining production services, and knowing how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- Writing high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of our customers.
- Passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Experience working with Golang, Ruby, Docker, Sinatra, Rails, Postgres, MongoDB or Redshift.
- Experience building financial, high reliability or security systems.