BitPay is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to lead regulatory relationships and the continued oversight of the company's compliance program. We are seeking candidates with working knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to financial services, with an emphasis on cybersecurity regulations. This role will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversee the entire compliance program and manage the compliance team.
- Actively engage with and act as the point of contact for regulators, auditors, and regulatory partners.
- Develop and improve record-keeping processes.
- Monitor, advise and implement all relevant regulatory rule changes.
- Continue managing and developing a comprehensive regulatory compliance and risk framework.
- Forge strong relationships with regulators and their representatives.
- Direct Anti-money laundering compliance program and ongoing change management.
- Oversee regulatory examinations & audits.
- Establish and maintain regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide oversight for the Customer Identification Program, KYC - Due Diligence process, AML Transaction Monitoring, AFC and OFAC Sanctions.
- Coordinate and conduct compliance training for all employees for core areas.
- Advise business teams on compliance and risk.
- At least 10 years of experience as a leader and hands-on participant of a financial services firm's compliance program
- Experience with Anti-Money-Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act (AML/BSA), The USA PATRIOT Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) sanctions compliance
- Understanding of Cybersecurity regulations and experience with privacy laws, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated strength in building compliance teams/frameworks, project management, experience working on process improvement and the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- Ability to write reports, business presentations, policies, procedures, and operating guidelines
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work flexible hours and perform well under pressure
- Curiosity and a passion for FinTech including working knowledge of cryptocurrencies