As the Director, Procurement, you'll work to build new procurement process and controls for the company, negotiate with vendors to optimize contracts and maximize value for Circle, and partner with budget owners from across the company.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Oversee relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who support the company
- Manage and maintain relationships with key business leaders to understand and support their vendor needs
- Develop a strategy for leveraging suppliers of common goods or services for cost, service, and performance enhancements. Facilitate the process from identification, negotiation of commercial terms and awarding of contracts, and vendor onboarding & subsequent diligence review
- Develop and manage requests RFP process for key vendors
- Create and implement standard processes for procurement of services for the company. Review current policies and procedures; identify, analyze, and document procurement work processes and redundancies; identify potential areas for improvement; make recommendations for process and governance improvements that align with the strategic initiatives of the company
- Participate in and partner with Legal on purchase agreements and negotiations of commercial terms for goods and services
- Establish vendor database to track business owners, renewal periods, and notifications
- Summarize and report on accomplishments and performance against KPIs, tracking progress via reports for senior leadership, developing metrics and KPIs to measure team or project success.
- B.S. degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or a similar field
- 8+ years of successful work experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer, or another relevant role
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as an aptitude for reading the market
- Exceptional talent in negotiating and networking
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Outstanding decision-making skills and ability to work well with numbers
- Significant experience in collecting and analyzing data
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world's top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.