The Financial Reporting Manager is a key financial reporting position for the global accounting organization at Circle. You will be responsible for helping to define global technical accounting policies in the exciting and emerging crypto finance space, while also being responsible for managing Circleâ€™s financial and regulatory reporting requirements and being the day-to-day point person for our global audit relationships. What you'll work on
What youâ€™ll bring to Circle
- Defining accounting policies and implementation for cryptocurrency accounting and other technical matters while navigating the latest accounting policy changes for US GAAP, FRS 102 and other international accounting frameworks
- Producing high quality monthly consolidated financial statements for distribution to both internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting aspects of the monthly close that relate to technical accounting (purchase accounting, revenue recognition, debt and equity accounting)
- Overseeing timely provision of reports to lenders, regulators and licensing bodies at both the legal entity and global level
- Acting as key liaison and project manager for global audit engagements
- Help the company move towards a quarterly reporting cycle, incorporating all necessary material adjustments
- 8+ years of experience in financial reporting, ideally with big four background
- CPA required
- Strong experience preparing consolidated financial statements including eliminations, cash flow derivation and preparation of accompanying footnotes or disclosures where required
- Deep understanding of US GAAP, Âknowledge of IFRS (including FRS102) desirable
- Prior experience managing audit engagements or being a key contributor
- Strong communication skills to interact with both internal and external stakeholders and work cross functionally
- Industry experience working in a dynamic multinational environment in technology or financial services desirable
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. Weâ€™re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the worldâ€™s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. ÂWith our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.