Whatwe are doing:
Chairman & CEO Charlie Scharf recentlyannounced the launch of a newly formed global digital office, led by RomanRegelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digitaltransformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drivesBNY Mellon’s digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digitalfuture, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including blockchain,smart contracts, data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machinelearning and robotics.
TheDigital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities todrive significant improvements in business performance and the client andemployee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy,developing more cross-functional integration and developing best practices tointegrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers,innovation centers. We are currently looking to fill positions at our globalheadquarters in Tribeca, New York. RoleResponsibilities:
The BlockchainPrincipal role is a critical position in the successof the Blockchain team. S/He will lead multiple blockchain initiatives workingclosely with the Head of Blockchain and other leaders of the digital team. Theindividual will work with the leaders of the businessunits, operations and technology groups, and external parties to plan, analyzeand help execute blockchain initiatives.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Direct working experience with Distributed Ledger and Smart Contract technologies.
- Understanding of the mechanics of digital assets and tokenization of assets.
- Working experience in managing complex initiatives involving stakeholders across multiple teams
- Problem solving abilities, structured analytical skills and thinking, clear communication, strong presentation and inter-personal skills
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform as blockchain lead for strategic initiatives
- Develop proposal, plan, analysis and roadmap for blockchain / digital asset initiatives
- Manage large, diverse groups across the organization and align thinking and approach
- Provide expert advice throughout the lifecycle of the blockchain initiatives
- Communicate with key stakeholders and present updates in various forums
- Engage with external partners,including consortiums and start-ups
- Educate internal stakeholders withemerging trends in business models, regulations and key technological developmentsin the blockchain ecosystem
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred. MBA or advanced degree preferred. 7-10 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred. International and global experience preferred.
Preferred relevant work experience includes consulting experience in capital markets, investment management and investment services industries. Strong PowerPoint capabilities preferred.BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New YorkInternal Jobcode:
Digital Global-HR17565Requisition Number: