As BNY Mellon continuein the transformation and digitization of the payments processing platform andassociated processes we are looking for a candidate to fulfill a role in thePayments Business Analyst group. This Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Creation of Business and Functional Requirements for projects large and small, ranging from small functional enhancements to large multi-year transformation projects.
- Driving business architectural solutions focused on flexibility, time to market and re-usability
- Working with business and technology partners to provide a seamless experience to users both internal and external when interacting with payment systems specifically
Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Analyzes, defines and prioritizes the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs. Provides consultation to IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementing cross-functional applications or systems. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project. Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation. Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives. Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications: Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in Payments technology and/or Business - ideally both.
- A strong business and technical knowledge in disciplines surrounding a High and Low Value Payment Processing, Emerging technologies, use of APIs, concepts such as Blockchain.
- Foreign Exchange, Direct and Indirect clearing mechanisms including Fed/Chips clearing.
- Payment messaging such as MT, MX formats and ISO 200022 standards.
- Payment files processes, US ACH and International ACH payment schemes and processes.
- While focus is on payment processing knowledge of the following areas is also critical:
o Account static data management,
o Payment charging concepts,
o Watchlist and Anti Money Launderingscanning,
o Funds Control,
o Liquidity Management,
o Client and Regulatory reporting
- Real Time Payments processing
- Knowledge of Development Lifecycles and Agile approach to project implementation
- Project Management experience would be considered a plus
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New YorkInternal Jobcode:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624Requisition Number: