At Blockchain, our mission is to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
As the face of Blockchain, the office manager will represent the company externally as a brand ambassador and work closely with the Operations team to manage our growing HQ. WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Support ALL EMEA-based employees (remote, LON office).
- Manage purchases across the entire London HQ: office supplies, kitchen snacks/food, stockroom, and swag orders, including replenishing from stock room daily.
- Organize and monitor the company lunch program every Mon, Wed, and Fri
- Book and manage employee and candidate travel including flights, hotel, and corporate apartment (this includes all EMEA and UK-based employees or guests visiting any UK entity or office). On-call for weekend bookings, changes, updates or problems that arise.
- Assist with all requests from employees throughout daily office life (e.g. vendor management, printer, zoom, meeting room bookings, equipment, guest services).
- Plan and implement internal and external company events, happy hours, conferences, and meetings from start to finish.
- Assist IT Dept. with troubleshooting unforeseen employee issues such as office repairs, broken or lost equipment, internet issues.
- Work with Operations Team in managing and documenting office expenditures, budget, and inventory.
- Manage office day cleaner and nightly cleaning staff.
- Corporate flat upkeep (manage cleaner, supply fulfillment, key exchange).
- Assist People Operations and IT in setting up zoom interviews, bi-monthly onboarding meetings, managing meeting rooms, desk setup, and welcoming candidates and new employees to the office.
- Provide necessary backup to other employees (e.g. when security receptionist is unavailable).
- Always having security and safety guiding every decision.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- 1+ years in an office management or administrative role with a strong ability to multitask (Start-up experience a plus) .
- Exhibit mental toughness in complex and extreme work situations.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Strong presentation and communication skills when interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and superb organization skills that friends describe as OCD but you know it stems from your perfectionist nature.
- Confident and whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Accessible office location in Whitechapel, London.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- Workout room in the office.
- Apple equipment.
- Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Most importantly, a GIF you really like.