Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 50 countries. With the success of our flagship product, Coinbase Consumer, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are now proud to offer an entire suite of products that make accessing cryptocurrencies easy and secure, in addition to new products that operate at the frontiers of crypto and blockchain.
"Account Tools" is the set of products that Coinbase employees and contractors use to work with our Customer Accounts. To build an open financial system for the world, we have to equip our employees with the best products to serve our customers. Crypto is complicated and evolving. In the same way we strive to make it easy for our customers to interact with blockchain technology, we too must make it easy for our operations teams to support blockchain technology. These employee-facing products are like Coinbase's operating system, and if they're built well they will become a meaningful strategic differentiator.
This is where you come in - you'll work closely with Customer Support, as well as design, security, and our other product teams to build the Account Tools that every Coinbase employee uses. If you're excited about automating things, being close to your customers, empowering a global workforce, and expanding access to cryptocurrency, we should talk. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Grow and lead the Account Tools engineering team
- Work with Customer Support to develop product strategy and long-term vision for our Account Tools
- Work with engineers, product managers, and designers to turn vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Be hands-on and if needed help build our systems (e.g. write code, take on-call rotations and review projects with engineers)
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
Nice to haves:
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering and at least 2 years of engineering management experience.
- You have experience attracting, hiring and retaining great talent on your team.
- You know what high-quality code - and software engineering processes - look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- You're comfortable diving into a React front-end stack on occasion (or are willing to learn).
- You are excited about workforce productivity, cryptocurrency, and digital identity
- You're passionate about building an open financial system for the world.
- You've built Ruby on Rails applications or React-driven frontends
- You have experience building tools for operational teams like customer success, compliance or fraud.
- You've worked on full-stack teams in the identity, security or finance space
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment