Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our engineering team as we tackle some some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space, like how do we securely scale a distributed financial platform that touches millions of people a day.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed and fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Blockchain's services are reliable and available to meet our users and the business needs, and delivers a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At Blockchain, SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems-we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems are designed for operability, how they relate to each other, and we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement are key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
The SRE/DevOps environment at Blockchain is a work in progress - we are looking for an experienced, senior SRE to provide engineering leadership across the SRE team and the broader engineering team. Are you ready for a challenge? WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Provide leadership across the engineering team, help develop processes and best practices, provide design guidance.
- Solve operational problems writing code
- Build large-scale systems and optimize existing systems for scalability.
- Use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Work in close collaboration with developers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- You have a passion for sense of ownership, learning new technologies, troubleshooting and and designing large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with software design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Good knowledge of one or more scripting languages (Python/Ruby preferred).
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Go.
- Good knowledge of container solutions.
- Experience working with cloud solutions (AWS or GCP).
- Bonus: Experience working with, or knowledge of, the bitcoin protocol.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch) and New York (SoHo). We are also open to remote from San Francisco for this role.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York & San Francisco Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite GIF