Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
The Benefits Coordinator plays a vital role in creating this work experience. As Coinbase builds out its global benefits and leave programs, you will be responsible for ensuring they deliver a phenomenal employee experience. To do this, you will be the first line of contact with employees, answering their questions, troubleshooting issues, and owning the day-to-day administration of the programs. In addition, you will partner with the HR Ops, Payroll, Systems, and Internal Communications teams to build out processes and create employee communications. Responsibilities:
- Answer employee benefits, 401k, and leave questions.
- Own and maintain all benefits, 401k, and leave administration processes.
- Conduct bi-weekly payroll process to ensure benefits and 401k deductions are sent to the Payroll team and funds are loaded into the benefits vendor websites.
- Liaise with benefits and retirement vendors to troubleshoot administrative or employee issues.
- Conduct all benefits and 401k compliance reporting including but not limited to ACA, NDT, Form 5500, audits, etc..
- Create and update benefits communication and documents on internal HR wiki.
- Partner with HR Ops. and Payroll teams to implement new benefits administration processes included but not limited to onboarding, offboarding, benefit deductions, LOA pay, etc..
- Assist with Open Enrollment logistics, implementations, and communications.
- Facilitate New Hire Benefits session.
- Assist with administering company Wellness program.
- Assist with non-US benefits, leave, and pension administration.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- 1-2 years of experience in benefits, 401k, and leave administration.
- Proficient in Mac and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Experience working with benefits and 401k vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Deeply detail and process oriented.
- Workday and ADP experience preferred.
- Experience in a startup culture - comfort with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action.
- Bachelor's degree.