At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional based in New York, wanting to develop and apply their broader AML knowledge to the growing area of cryptocurrency.
As a Compliance Advisor, you will be a key member of Elliptic's Professional Services team, providing advisory solutions for our private sector clients and assisting in the ongoing development of our Professional Services solutions. Typical engagements vary and may range from helping clients develop and maintain robust internal controls over their cryptocurrency activities, or advising and assisting clients in understanding the potential impact of regulatory developments on existing processes and controls, to conducting compliance look backs and remediation.
As a member of the Professional Services team, you will work closely with other investigations and compliance professionals to provide our customers with services that allow them to be successful with our technology. In your capacity as a Compliance Advisor, you will help the team deliver best in class compliance advisory projects, develop best practice, and work with our Customer Success team to help expand and improve our offerings.What you'll do?
- Assist in the development of AML compliance programs for businesses handling cryptocurrencies, including control design and implementation
- Assess compliance risks and assist in the development of risk management solutions, including conducting and coordinating gap analysis and risk assessments
- Conduct research and be a resource to understand growing global cryptocurrency regulatory environment
- Create training materials and deliver compliance training workshops
- Assist in AML and forensic investigations utilising our comprehensive database and forensic analytics tools
- Create and share insights into compliance best practice
- Deliver client work projects to a high standard
- Explore new ways to develop and enhance our solutions
Bonus Points for:
- At least 5 years' experience in a compliance role
- Degree level qualification in Accounting, Law, Computer Science, Criminology, Business Administration or other relevant subject
- Knowledge of global AML regulatory frameworks
- Experience reviewing and evaluating compliance policies and procedures
- Experience conducting risk assessments
- Knowledge of fraud prevention controls
- Understand KYC, CDD and EDD processes
- Ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult and deliver solutions to clients
- Active listener and a highly effective oral and written communicator
- Positive and flexible attitude and a willingness to step out of your comfort zone and embrace new initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Interest in cryptocurrency
- BSA compliance experience
- CFE qualification
- Data analytics skills
- Previous experience in a consulting, advisory or professional services organisation or working with/for financial institutions
- Professional experience in a crypto business or adjacent business
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team events
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who'll stretch and challenge you