As an applied cryptographer, you will be working closely with researchers and engineers to bring cutting edge cryptography to market.
You will be implementing complex elliptic curve cryptography on very resource constrained computing platforms, and you will help design testing and review processes to ensure these implementations meet and exceed the security and reliability expectations of our customers.
You will be helping AZTEC build zero knowledge systems which make privacy accessible to developers and end users, notably by designing and building intuitive and well documented APIs to cryptographic systems.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Implementing algorithms in the field of elliptic curve cryptography and zero knowledge proofs
- Testing, and reviewing these implementations to a high standard
- Participating in project scoping and timeline setting
- Training less experienced applied cryptographers in the team
Skills and experience required:
- A deep understanding of elliptic curve cryptography
- Experience building software for resource constrained systems
- A demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics clearly
- A demonstrated ability to manage long lasting projects effectively
- Attention to detail
Bonus points for:
- Interest and curiosity in blockchains and the technology behind them
- Specific experience in zero-knowledge proving systems
- Published research in the fields of mathematics or cryptography
- Awareness of security principles and best practises
- Experience in a growing startup