Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
The Endpoint Management team is looking for a committed, highly competent engineer to inject innovation and lead current and future MacOS platform to enable the best in class end user experience and productivity. The Endpoint MacOS Sr. Engineer is responsible for technical knowledge, technical documentation, infrastructure architecture and design, incident and problem management as well as developing best practices and procedures for MacOS endpoint systems. This position works closely with Security and Service Desk stakeholders to improve engineering processes, build and development practices, deployment, updates, system configuration, policies, profiles, etc. Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive end-to-end process design, improvements, automation and management of the laptop and desktop fleets.
- Architect and implement solutions for endpoint management at scale.
- Help ensure the security and usability of all personal computing at Coinbase.
- Lead and create technical documentation and procedures to improve existing processes gaps.
- Act as an active liaison and technical support lead for Service Desk organization.
- Act as an ambassador and change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement, blame free post-mortems, SLAs, and drive towards an infrastructure as code environment.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ year supporting macOS, iOS, and/or Linux
- Experience in Endpoint Engineering; JAMF and/or Chef, Puppet or Munki management frameworks.
- Experience in macOS system provisioning and thin imaging (e.g. DEP and ABM Apple Business Manager).
- Strong experience with software development for fleet management.