Coinbase has a mission to be the most trusted in the marketplace. We need to meet our regulatory requirements. We aim to continue pursuing high standards in managing financial crime risks in the use of digital currencies and our leadership in the space of digital currencies.
The Compliance Systems Associate will sit within the Compliance team and work cross-functionally to develop, maintain and enhance key compliance systems and tools such as the Transaction Monitoring System (TMS), or the Global Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media Screening Systems.
The person should have experience and knowledge of system administration, data analysis, SQL, BSA/AML compliance, transaction monitoring and customer sanctions screening systems and processes. Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a big plus. Responsibilities:
- Partner with Compliance teams globally to ensure Compliance systems are configured and optimized for their use
- Gather system requirements from compliance end-users and business partners to improve workflow, meet regulatory requirements and launch new offerings (e.g. new currency launch, product changes and expansion in new jurisdictions)
- Assist with TMS model development and productivity analysis
- Develop blockchain analytics specifications and assist in tuning and optimization
- Perform testing of the compliance system changes, track bug fixes, resolve open deficiencies and document the results of testing and user acceptance
- Test data ETL (extraction, transformation and load) from upstream production systems into the data repository, and from the data repository into the Compliance systems and tools
- Assist in creating, tuning and optimizing transaction monitoring detection models in TMS, including above-the-line and below-the-line testing
- Assist in screening configuration of Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media screening systems and screening profiles as needed
- Translate requirements into system functionalities and liaise with Data and Engineering teams to implement system changes
- Maintain system documentation for future regulatory reviews
- Produce Compliance system performance metrics dashboards, reports and extracts as required
- Participate in projects and team initiatives as needed
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with key Compliance systems
- Excellent data and analytical skills; strong SQL (must have), Python (nice to have)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements development, system design, development, testing and production launch
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance program, AML transaction monitoring and screening (Sanctions, PEP, Adverse Media) controls
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive modeling will be a big plus