Coinbase has a mission to be the most trusted in the marketplace. We need to meet our regulatory requirements. We aim to continue pursuing high standards in managing financial crime risks in the use of digital currencies and our leadership in the space of digital currencies.
The Compliance Senior Associate will be a compliance generalist with experience in the financial services industry and will be responsible for working cross-functionally to develop, maintain and enhance key compliance systems and tools such as the Transaction Monitoring System (TMS), or the Global Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media Screening Systems.
This person will be an adaptable, collaborative team player who communicates clearly with many internal stakeholders about the compliance requirements and offering guidance to the business on a regular basis. You should have experience and knowledge of BSA/AML compliance, KYC, investigations, onboarding flows, organizational project management, data analysis, transaction monitoring and customer sanctions screening systems and processes. Knowledge of cryptocurrencies will be a big plus. Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements from local and international compliance teams and business partners to improve workflow, meet regulatory requirements and launch new offerings (e.g. new currency launch, product changes and expansion in new jurisdictions)
- Perform reviews and enhanced due diligence on high risk institutional accounts and provide guidance and oversight to the customer service .
- Maintain and update BSA/AML compliance policies and procedures to ensure consistency with ongoing business and operations.
- Assist in identifying record keeping gaps or data quality issues and work within Compliance and business partners to remediate
- Produce Compliance system performance metrics dashboards, reports and extracts as required
- Participate in projects and team initiatives as needed
- Perform periodic testing of onboarding flows to ensure continued compliance with regulatory requirements and compliance best practices
- Lead by example to continue to cultivate a culture of compliance across Coinbase and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in financial services, payments or blockchain Compliance
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance program, Know Your Customer and screening (Sanctions, PEP, Adverse Media) controls
- Excellent analytical skills; strong SQL and data analysis skills
- Blockchain experience preferred
- Ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written