SeedInvest is a leading equity crowdfunding platform that provides individual investors with access to vetted startup investment opportunities. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. SeedInvest has funded over 150 startups and boasts a rapidly growing network of over 250,000 investors. SeedInvest has had over 40,000 startups apply to raise capital since inception and has accepted less than 1% of those companies to feature on the platform. The company was recently featured on the 2018 Inc. 500 List as the 4th fastest-growing financial services company in America.
In March, 2019 Circle Internet Financial Ltd. acquired SeedInvest. Circle is a global crypto finance company built on blockchain, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. Circle's suite of products enable customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets. Circle is backed by $250 million from Goldman Sachs, Baidu, IDG, Breyer Capital, General Catalyst, and other leading global investors.
Circle is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer who will work with engineering and product teams to secure our customer applications, including SeedInvest. As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you will have a part in every aspect of the development lifecycle and work closely with development teams to understand the security posture of the features being developed. You should love tackling difficult problems and be excited to learn new things quickly and independently. It's crucial that you're an effective communicator, as you'll collaborate frequently with different engineering teams to identify and address security issues. You should have a breaker mentality, but be effective at designing the mitigating controls. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to SeedInvest/Circle
- Partner with development teams to understand the security posture of the features being developed and identify and address security issues
- Attend daily stand ups to ensure that product features have security built in
- Work with the Ops and DevSecOps teams to make sure that product features are security is securely deployed
- Address the application layer security issues as incidents occur
- 7-8+ years of application security experience including source code auditing, penetration testing, product assessments, vulnerability research, reverse engineering, etc
- Proven ability to find vulnerabilities beyond the OWASP Top 10.
- Familiar with vulnerability management and penetration testing tools : Burp, ZAP, Kali Linux, or Metasploit
- Excellent communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, organizational, and technical writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of applied cryptography
- Experience using security monitoring technologies e.g. Splunk, CloudWatch and CloudTrail events
- Experience deploying using CI/CD pipelines to AWS e.g. Jenkins or AWS CodePipeline
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as PCI or SO Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world's top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.