At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.What's the role?
We offer a number of web products and API services that sit on top of a common analytics platform, from features such as customisable risk scoring algorithms through to fully interactive graph visualisations. The products we make have an effect on thousands of people around the world and enable the legitimate use of cryptocurrencies.
This opportunity is for an experienced Test Automation Engineer / SDET / SRE to join a unique engineering team within Elliptic.
Requirements We're looking for someone who can:
It would be great if you also had experience in:
- Work with developers, data scientists and product owners to understand existing web user journeys, API services and the analytics platform and use this information to develop a testing infrastructure.
- Promote a test automation framework across the engineering team, helping developers catch bugs early in the software lifecycle and ensure the quality of our product is maintained to a high standard
- Be the champion of release quality, and work with the rest of the engineering team to create stable releases that we can deploy with confidence
- Raise, track and take ownership of issues and the release preparation process
- Participate in the refinement of product requirements, helping to identify edge cases and work with the wider development teams to define acceptance criteria for each feature
- Be the subject matter expert and guide the team on testing practices and strategy across all areas of software testing, including unit and integration
- Be comfortable constructing SQL queries to extract necessary data for test cases
- Load/performance testing of APIs
- API regression testing
- Integrating automated testing into CI environments
- Running test suites in a Dockerized Selenium environment.
- Share options in a fast growing, world-leading business
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny laptop and multiple monitors
- Budget for training materials, events, and conferences
- Quarterly, full day offsite
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- An awesome team of developers and data scientists to work with