Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
The Head of Workplace Operations will spearhead efforts to thoughtfully build and scale our global services function. With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, and more opening soon. This role will directly manage the location leads of our 7+ global locations, ensuring that each is equipped to efficiently handle all operations. Responsibilities:
- Build a workplace operations team responsible for ensuring all Coinbase offices are comfortable, safe, productive, and operationally best in class.
- Develop global Facilities Management Strategy, guidelines, standards, success metrics and reporting.
- Ensure all locations reflect our culture and values.
- Set facility/office budgets, including maintenance and repairs. Assist in annual forecasting as well as scoping of special projects.
- Act as primary liaison between the company and office building management (e.g., repairs, building code compliance, etc.).
- Manage vendors and contractors: planning, purchasing, and upkeep of workstations, furniture, meals, and employee supplies - maintaining productive and positive relationships.
- Track facilities and supply related requests through office operations ticketing system.
- Oversee partnership and support negotiations with real estate brokers.
- Execute due diligence assignments for various real estate targets.
- Build detailed financial models that can create a clear view of the viability, risk and opportunity of a project.
- Partner with finance to understand lease obligations and assist with month-end close.
- Partner closely with Physical Security team to ensure space safety and compliance.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- 8+ years of workplace operations experience with a proven track record in leading successful teams.
- Real Estate experience thoughtful on scaling offices globally.
- Experience at a rapidly growing organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in an independent and self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated use of our values.
- Experience in implementing central processes.
- Ability to travel to global locations.