Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
We are looking to hire a Platform Operations Senior Accountant. This key accounting role will work with various teams (Data, Payment Operations, Crypto Payments) and requires an individual with strong accounting and operational expertise. The successful candidate will ensure that the financial systems, controls and processes are in place to support the business.
Reporting to the Platform Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for reconciling and analysing platform data in the company's financial / platform systems.
This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate. Responsibilities
- Record journal entries and perform reconciliations of various platform digital asset accounts
- Investigate and partner with Data to resolve exceptions timely
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify issues
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Minimum of 8 years working in public accounting or in the financial services industry
- BA/BS in Accounting/ CPA preferred
- Superior organization skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel, Google docs), business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic and team player