Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software--and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For" , and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility. What You'll Do
As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for managing BambooHR's Linux server infrastructure that runs the BambooHR web application (AWS or Rackspace). This includes building, monitoring, managing, and backing up the infrastructure. Long-term, you will help drive decisions on the direction of Bamboo's infrastructure architecture to improve its availability and scalability. In this role, you will:
What We'll Love About You
- Manage infrastructure changes through Puppet and Terraform
- Setup monitoring and alerting for critical services
- Configure Nginx and PHP settings
- Automate repetitive tasks with scripting
- Troubleshoot server or application alerts
This is a senior role and your resume should demonstrate you have developed the personal and technical skills required to perform at a very high level. In this role, you'll work in a small, highly collaborative environment. While teamwork is essential, you'll need a strong sense of autonomy as well. Your ability to communicate clear expectations will be the key to coordinating your great work with our team's efforts.
Your theoretical and practical understanding of Configuration Management concepts will ensure your success in this role. Our current environment also requires a strong knowledge of Puppet to manage infrastructure changes. Specifically, we're looking for:
What You'll Love About Us
- 4 year degree in IT or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience in the following tools: Puppet, Chef, or Salt; NGinx, PHP, and MySQL
- Strong working knowledge of Configuration Management systems to run Linux servers
- Experience handling a production application
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.
- Great Company Culture. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like Salt Lake Tribune , Fortune & Entrepreneur for our great workplace culture.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits . Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match.
- Financial Peace University. BambooHR pays for you to take the class , and you will walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.