BitPay is seeking a Product Designer to help build the future of commerce and bring blockchain payments technology to the world. Most products in fintech look very similar because they are all built on the same legacy payment rails underneath (credit cards, ACH, etc). However, digital currency turns this idea on its head, providing a blank canvas to design a new payment system from the ground up. We're looking for a talented designer to help us solve the pain points of blockchain payments and to help pioneer these experiences on a global scale.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers' needs. You are a well-rounded designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows but also dives into the interactions and visual details. Our ideal candidate has a clean design sense, is a systems-level thinker, and is dedicated to designing cutting-edge customer experiences.
- Collect - Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Collaborate - Work directly with product managers and engineers and other departments to address the needs of our customers.
- Develop - Translate complexity into user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and visually refining designs.
- Validate - Support design decisions by testing internally and leading user testing sessions with customers.
- Iterate - Leverage feedback and data to iterate on the designs.
- Contribute - Help shape our internal design system with consistency and efficiency in mind.
- 4+ years of Product Design experience working on both consumer and enterprise products
- Diverse portfolio of work with strong examples of web-based application design and product workflows (Examples of your best work - pixel-perfect mockups, illustrations, powerful wordsmithing, UX walkthroughs, UI animations, live product links, and code are all enthusiastically accepted)
- Fluency in Sketch and other design tools (we use InVision)
- You are a passionate champion for the customer's needs, motivations and behaviors but also know how to mesh business objectives into your design goals
- You use both quantitative and qualitative data to influence your design decisions