Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. ÂWith our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As a Data Scientist at Circle, based in either Boston or New York City, youâ€™ll work closely with other Data Scientists and Engineers productizing machine learning solutions and scalable data pipelines that support these solutions. Youâ€™ll have the opportunity to significantly impact internal data consumption and decision making within risk, compliance, growth, marketing, trading, and customer experience. We are a passionate team with a deeply analytical mindset, and your work will support us in our mission to be a world-class company driven by data. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Partner with product and operations teams to identify and resolve analytical problems at scale in a variety of domains, including fraud detection, risk management and customer support optimization
- Create and manage predictive models using a variety of machine-learning techniques that guide our fraud prevention and compliance guidelines
- Implement, maintain and optimize model deployment lifecycle
- Contribute to analytics projects across Circle teams, with involvement from data collection all the way to presentation and decision support
- Partner with engineers to ensure that data is appropriately identified, recorded, transformed, and furnished for consumption
- Become an expert on data sources and flows at Circle, including Bitcoin blockchain analysis
- Understand payments risk needs and lead projects to address them
- Evangelize the power of analytics to improve our business and operations.
- Either a masterâ€™s degree (Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Business Analytics or a related field), plus three years of experience or a bachelorâ€™s degree with five years of relevant industry experience
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following analytics tools: Pandas / SciPy, R or SAS, as demonstrated by at least one year of professional experience
- Proven proficiency in SQL Â
- Hands-on experience with common software development flows and tools (Linux, git, AWS), as well as deploying models into production (Spark, MLeap and PMML)
- Ability to understand complex business problems and break down analytics projects into a structured approach.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. Weâ€™re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the worldâ€™s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out atÂ circle.com Âand download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anÂequal opportunity employer
Âand value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.