Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software--and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a " Best Company to Work For ," and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility . About Payroll
We know what you're thinking: "What do you mean by Payroll Specialist"? (Don't worry, we'll tell ya!)
The Payroll Specialist position is an exciting new role within our Payroll Support Team. At BambooHR, we're committed to innovating the way companies run their payroll. We want you to take part in pioneering a new division with an established and successful company, all the while taking your payroll experience to a whole new level. And we mean that.
This commitment aligns directly with our mission to set people free to do great work . And because BambooHR was built on the idea that employees too should be set free to do great work, we'll provide the perfect setting for you to make a real and meaningful contribution in the payroll space. What You'll Do
As someone with a couple of years of payroll experience behind you, you'll come in prepared with a basic understanding of payroll functions and jargon. This prior experience coupled with some BambooHR love (training), sets you up perfectly to succeed in this role-not only in supporting our BambooHR clients with their use of our payroll software but also as a mentor to our less experienced specialists.
Specifically, you will:
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Find solutions to client's payroll questions across multiple states and company sizes. This will sometimes require further research
- Communicate with customers via phone calls and emails
- Mentor other members of the payroll team
- Provide top-notch support to payroll and business leaders
What You'll Love About Us
- 2+ years of payroll experience (running internal payroll or agency)
- Solid understanding of payroll functions and jargon such as multi-state taxes, deductions, withholdings, etc.
- Know the appropriate sources to get payroll- and tax-related information
- Impeccable attention to detail (we mean this!)
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously (multitasking)
- You can type 60+ words per minute
- Ability to think analytically when solving problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn new software
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.
- Great Company Culture. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like Utah Business , Salt Lake Tribune , Fortune , & Entrepreneur for our great workplace culture.
- Meaningful Work. You won't just be a cog in a wheel. All Bambooligans have a big impact and are expected to make their work count.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits . Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match.
- Financial Peace University. Bamboo pays for you to take the class , and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.