Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software--and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a " Best Company to Work For ," and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility .
What You'll Do
As a Payroll Manager and HR Generalist at BambooHR , you will primarily be responsible for ensuring the accurate preparation and processing of payroll for all our (about 450) employees. You'll be a part of our innovative HR team and will experience variety and learning in your role by assisting with various HR functions.
Your day to day will generally consist of the following:
- Meticulously ensuring the accuracy of payroll preparation and processing and confirming that it's correct (including 401K and HSA contributions)
- Working with managers and department leaders on items needed for payroll, including things like additional information needed, corrections, or questions
- Taking lead on and ensuring correct completion of some HR related audits (including 401K and workers comp audits)
- Supporting other members of the HR team in their functions, such as answering benefits questions or assistance with employee on and off-boarding
- Participating in the innovation of existing HR processes and procedures and creation of new ones
What You Need to Get the Job Done
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a payroll processing role (including having experience with 401K and HSA contributions)
- Organization and accuracy are basically your middle name when it comes to the way you process payroll and you're able to problem solve with ease
- When you have an assignment, you can be counted on to take it in stride and get it across the finish line without continually being reminded or checked in with
- When potentially stressful situations arise, you're able to stay calm, cool, collected, and handle said situations in a professional manner
- You're tech savvy in that you're an Excel wiz and can translate those skills seamlessly into Google Sheets, as well as having experience using payroll software and being able to quickly learn a new one
- When work related interruptions come, such as employee questions and requests, you're able to take care of them quickly and jump right back into tasks you were working on, without losing productivity or skipping a beat
- You've got a really good handle on federal and state payroll regulations and know how to research and find out what you don't know
- You're exceptional at following through with time sensitive items due to your spectacular time management skills
- You genuinely care greatly about and are immensely invested in the success and happiness of the employees you serve
What You'll Love About Us
- When explaining things that seem simple or come easily to you, you're able to stay completely zen and display patience while being thorough
- When it comes to solutions and completing projects, your creativity knows no limits
- Not only are you a payroll pro, but you've got some good HR chops under your belt too
- You're passionate about HR, specifically payroll, and are excited to be a part of what we do here at Bamboo
- You're very familiar with how benefits work in their relation to payroll
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.
- Great Company Culture. We've been recognized by multiple organizations like Utah Business , Salt Lake Tribune , Fortune , & Entrepreneur for our great workplace culture.
- Meaningful Work. You won't just be a cog in a wheel. All Bambooligans have a big impact and are expected to make their work count.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits . Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match.
- Financial Peace University. Bamboo pays for you to take the class , and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.