Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by creating an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use than any alternative. Those principles guide every decision across the company from design through engineering, from operations through security.
The Data organization's mission is to "Revolutionize value creation from data for the open financial system in the most trusted way." This role is responsible for the planning, roadmap, and execution of data tools and data platforms. The ideal person possesses in-depth knowledge of analytics, data engineering, and machine learning as well as functional experience in product management with great communication skills. Coupled with this experience, you have a proven record of success in quickly growing companies with a mindset of continuous learning. Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategy and roadmap for data tools and platforms in collaboration with product teams
- Define requirements across product, data, and engineering to craft a suite of data tools and projects-including tracking specs, data processing engines, experimentation framework and platform, Machine learning platform, and data visualization and dashboard tools
- Uncover the needs of internal customer groups-including executives, product teams, and business and operations teams-and couple them with intuitive and actionable data solutions
- Emphasize the value of data and help drive a data-driven culture. You will have the ability to tell a compelling story with this data because numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented
- 6+ years of industry experience in data related fields
- 1+ years of product management experience
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams like engineering and analytics to define, build, and maintain products which are essential to growth, engagement, and retention
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and build products in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts, including hypothesis testing, the design of experiments, and confidence intervals
- Familiarity with backend data processing engines like Hadoop, Redshift, interactive SQL query engines like Presto and Impala, and systems for analyzing events in near-real time like Druid and Logstash
- A passion for Coinbase's mission and the blockchain industry
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.