Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo, Dublin, and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
Coinbase is now seeking a tech-savvy Litigation Paralegal to add to its growing in-house litigation team. We work on the cutting edge of both technology and the law, and are looking for a motivated, nimble self-starter to jump in and help us create an open financial system for the world. Responsibilities:
- Log, calendar, and track incoming litigation, arbitrations, subpoenas, liens, garnishments, and letters from counsel for global litigation and regulatory investigation matters
- Oversee, maintain, evaluate, and, where needed, improve, electronic case management systems (familiarity with Advologix a plus) and electronic discovery programs
- Assist with preparation and filing of case pleadings via electronic filing, overnight courier, or other means with courts and arbitration bodies in the US and UK
- Liaise with court and arbitration body staff to coordinate timely filings, telephonic and video appearance
- Assist with document production, discovery and record-keeping for company response to complex litigation before State and Federal Regulatory Agencies.
- Excellent communication skills and judgment; daily communication with internal and external clients, counsel, and court staff
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- At least three years experience in law firm and/or (preferred) in-house legal setting with demonstrated outstanding performance
- Proficient with Google and Microsoft suites, including document formatting, advanced spreadsheet functions, and presentation design and production
- Experience preparing, filing and serving documents using electronic file and serve systems (US District courts, state courts, arbitration bodies)
- Demonstrated proficiency managing or assisting with all stages of electronic discovery and production
- Proficient with case management software and adept at learning new ones; able to create and perform searches across various databases (SQL or similar nice to have)
- Comfortable with fast-paced technology company work environment; able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to search across multiple databases and platforms and synthesize results for use by legal team
- Commitment to Coinbase Corporate Values: Clear Communication, Continuous Learning, Efficient Execution, and Positive Energy
- Bachelor's degree (paralegal certificate a plus)