BitPay is building blockchain payment technology that is transforming how businesses and people send, receive, and store money. We are searching for an experienced and highly motivated Vice President, Marketing to join our leadership team! Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for developing, executing, and monitoring effective global marketing strategies that align with our business objectives and goals.
Our ideal candidate is a customer-centric senior marketing leader with proven success growing and mentoring marketing teams. They will have managed a variety of marketing initiatives, focused on brand awareness, lead acquisition, customer engagement and retention to target markets, preferably in a privately held early stage or mid-market high growth B2B/B2C company.
- Develop and execute global strategic marketing initiatives in support of high growth organizational objectives and goals
- Work closely with the sales and product management departments to align marketing strategies with customers needs
- Motivate, mentor, and develop the marketing team and implement a plan for long-term growth for the team
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of market trends and competitor landscape to develop competitive positioning
- Design and review the marketing department's budget including forecasting hiring needs
- Prioritize marketing projects effectively and allocate resources accordingly
- Prepare reports and presentations on marketing metrics
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- 10+ years of progressive and relevant marketing experience with at least 5 years as a senior marketing leader (i.e. Vice President, Marketing), preferably in a privately held early stage or mid-market high growth B2B/B2C company
- Demonstrable experience in developing effective strategies and business plans for all aspects of marketing (i.e. demand generation, product marketing, customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, events, social media, PR, and branding)
- Experience with organizations that market globally
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with cross functional teams and external vendors
- Exceptional understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively mentor a team
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Experience with leading a marketing team at a startup, specifically taking a company through a scaling phase is a huge plus!
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, MBA preferred