Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As the Corporate Controller, you will lead the accounting and audit functions for all Circle entities in all global jurisdictions and serve as the technical accountant for the firm. You will work closely with finance, legal, compliance, product, and other departments within Circle and manage a team of direct and indirect reports. What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Manage accounting team in US, Ireland and UK and provide professional development, coaching and mentorship to team
- Support the establishment of appropriate financial reporting frameworks and controls
- Monthly close process including consolidations across all corporate entities
- Lead audits for all Circle entities using different accounting standards (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Manage relationships with audits, tax, compliance external advisors and internal counterparties at Circle
- Technical accounting issues, such as valuation of embedded derivatives in loans and options, purchase price accounting, intercompany transactions, transfer pricing etc
- Work collaboratively with legal and compliance as needed
- 10+ years of accounting experience including significant knowledge of accounting, auditing, financial reporting, and controls
- Experience in working for an international, high-tech, privately held firm, preferably in the fintech space.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex accounting issues with senior management
- 6 years of big 4 experience, including 2 as manager preferred
- CPA required
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world's top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.