Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series E funding in November 2018, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and London, we are looking to grow aggressively in 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
The HR Business Partner plays a vital role in ensuring the functions they partner with are thriving and executing at scale. As a key member of our HR/People team, you will work closely with Product & Engineering leaders on engagement, employee development, diversity, policies & procedures, and performance management initiatives. You'll provide proactive guidance and counsel and will have the opportunity to improve and impact every employee's experience at Coinbase. Using data, combined with sound judgment and creativity, you'll directly influence the growth & scaling of our organization. We're looking for an innovative individual to help us continue to build best in class People & Product organizations. Responsibilities:
- Serve as a strategic partner to our Product & Engineering teams.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to help drive people programs and strategies that enhance our culture -- including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with People team & leadership on org design, planning, and execution at scale.
- Provide coaching/guidance on skill & professional development, career pathing and leveling, change management, org design, and tricky people situations.
- Identify and advise leaders on the development needs of their teams and function.
- Approach people matters with an eye toward compliance and reducing risks; help build and apply HR policies and manage employee relations issues.
- Identify specific behaviors that contribute to macro patterns and provide solutions on how to address.
- Analyze trends & use data to develop people programs and influence change.
- Build strong relationships across the business.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant HR experience.
- Strong desire and ability to improve processes, build relationships, and make Coinbase better.
- Expertise in people/HR policies & procedures - and a track record of prioritizing, defining, developing, and rolling out scalable HR solutions that address the needs of the business.
- Fully developed coaching and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment; financial services experience is a decided plus.
- Deep understanding of relevant employment laws.
- Demonstrated experience with data and analytics.
- Preference for expertise working with product/technical teams.
If you're looking to join a rapidly growing market leader, within an engaging, engaged, and high performing team, apply today! Help us build an open financial system for the world.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.