At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious and energetic finance professional to help spearhead the growth of the Finance function for this high-growth SaaS business.
As only the second in-house Finance hire this person will work closely with the Head of Finance to establish various accounting and finance functions in-house, and gradually build-out the Finance team to take close control of bookkeeping and reporting. As such this person will play a central role in forging a function that truly helps to drive the growth of the business by continually improving speed of management information and insights, and starting to establish valuable finance business partnering to teams throughout the business.
This offers a rapid learning curve and clear career-progression opportunity with fast-tracked understanding of the month-end processes (if joining from practice) via initial hands-on responsibility and training, but also quickly gaining exposure to supporting a significant round of VC fundraising.
This is a full-time role in our London office.WHAT YOU'LL DO?
Always seek to develop and modify month-end and day-to-day finance processes to continually improve data integrity, productivity and automation in the Finance team.- Financial Control & Accounting:
- Management Reporting & Analysis:
- Generally maintain a strong financial control environment
- Oversee bookkeeping and month-end accounts and reconciliation work
- Review the consolidation of subsidiaries across multiple regions and currencies
- Manage revenue processes, recognition and recurring invoices
- Liaise with outsourced payroll provider with respect to a rapidly expanding team
- Manage Payables processes to ensure timely settlement
- Liaise with tax advisors and service providers relating to VAT, R&D and Corp Tax
- Responsibility for year end audit (from 2020)
- Cashflow Management
- Finance Partnering:
- Assist Head of Finance with production of Management Information Packs and Board Packs explaining results and identifying trends
- Budget Variance Analysis, and Forecasting
- KPI and key SaaS metrics tracking and reporting to internal stakeholders as well as VC shareholders
- Pricing and profitability analysis by product and sales channel
- Generally help to establish and modify Finance business partnering with operational teams to optimize performance
- Assist Head of Finance with ad-hoc fundraising support, and shareholder information requests
- Liaise with Sales Operations to review and agree monthly Commissions
- Provide Accounts Receivable support to the Customer Success team
This person will enjoy the satisfaction of hands-on accounting to ensure everything is precisely in order, while gaining excellent commercial finance experience to be able to add real value to any business, but with particular expertise in recurring revenue and SaaS business models.
As well as being trustworthy and dependable with an impeccable attention to detail and temperament to challenge accepted practice, an ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
Bonus Points for:
- ACA Newly Qualified, or similar
- University degree educated
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Driven and ambitious personality
- Adaptability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment, delivering on multiple projects with tight deadlines, especially during key reporting periods
- Tech sector and SaaS industry experience advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrable commercial and/or entrepreneurial acumen
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- New laptop
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!