At Elliptic we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, New York, NY, and Arlington, VA. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.What's the role?
We offer a number of products and services that sit on top of a common analytics platform. They cover features like customizable risk scoring algorithms through to fully interactive graph visualisations. The products we make have an impact on thousands of people around the world and enable the legitimate use of cryptocurrencies. Pretty cool, right?
This opportunity is for an experienced Software Engineer to join a unique, small (but growing) engineering team within Elliptic. The team is responsible for the entirety of the Elliptic web platform working and truly living the start-up life.
Requirements We'd love to work with someone who has:
It would be a bonus if you also had:
- Good practical knowledge of data modelling - SQL and NoSQL
- A passion for knowledge sharing and working collaboratively with the team
- Highly developed problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfort with asynchronous programming, be it async/await, promises, streams...
- Rigor in engineering best-practices (code reviews, automated testing, devops, etc.)
- A fast learner with enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them appropriately (avoiding one-size-fits-all solutions)
- Familiar with Docker and containerised local, test and production environments
- Experience using message-based event-driven architectures over AMQP
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Interest in UX and previous experience working alongside designers
- Worked in an Agile environment
- Contributed to Selenium-based end-to-end testing suites
- Experience looking after cloud-hosted production systems, including metrics, visibility and alerts.
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny laptop and multiple monitors
- Budget for training materials, events, and conferences
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!