Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
We recently launched a Chicago office and are looking for strong software engineers across multiple skill sets and at all levels of seniority to join our Coinbase Markets team in Chicago. You will be part of a greenfield effort to build out a scalable, low-latency exchange in the Cryptocurrency space, working along other highly talented and collaborative engineers. Responsibilities:
- Work with a highly productive team to deliver a scalable, low-latency exchange, with a focus on building the best cryptocurrency market in the world
- Work in a collaborative environment with members of a cross-functional team in Chicago and our other offices, to create and deliver our technical and product vision
- Build clean, reliable, well-tested software and deliver quickly, with a pragmatic sense of how to balance the two
- Take personal responsibility for the well-being of the product, the team, and the organization as a whole
- Have exceptional software engineering skills for their level of experience
- Collaborate with, learn from, and teach other members of the team
- Have a passion for building an open financial system and being at the epicenter of an entirely new area of finance and technology
- Have language polyglot sensibilities, with an interest in new approaches, balanced by a strong sense of "find the right tool for the job"
- Experience in one or more areas of trading, exchanges, or settlement and clearing
- Have a strong design sense for UIs and/or programmatic APIs
All members of this team will embody the core Coinbase values of Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Continuous Learning, and Efficient Execution, and will place a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.