Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The infrastructure team plays a critical part in realizing that vision. We focus on high leverage - building self-service infrastructure to multiple the effectiveness of engineers. We're also the first line of defense when it comes to security, and face novel problems building blockchain infrastructure. We work closely with engineers in mobile, front-end, backend systems, security, data, machine learning and IT.
As manager of the developer infrastructure team, you will play an instrumental role in force multiplying the effectiveness of our engineering team. You'll need to understand unique problems that face developers at Coinbase - from writing code that executes on blockchains in the cloud to building high-performance, fault tolerant exchanges that run on physical infrastructure. Your team will be responsible for articulating a clear vision to improve developer productivity, and building and evangelizing the tools and processes that will make engineers at Coinbase more productive and effective. Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineers at Coinbase to create a 12 month strategy for improving developer productivity.
- Coach engineers on your team and help them find fulfilling growth paths.
- Work with the talent team to hire great engineering talent.
- Create a positive energy work environment where engineers can do their best work..
- You're a strong written and oral communicator.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in building and shipping high quality software.
- You have at least 2 years of experience as an engineering manager.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working in infrastructure or platform teams.
- You have experience attracting and developing great talent on your team.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.