We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company domestically and internationally. We are looking to hire a strong commercial attorney to facilitate our growth through reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex technology, financial services, and vendor agreements. You will partner with our internal departments to develop new policies and procedures and manage legal risk to ensure compliance with Coinbase's high standards. As we expand our offerings, your ideas and contributions will make an immediate impact. Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of vendor contracts including services, consulting, licensing, non disclosure, and other commercial, financial services and technology related agreements
- Work as part of the Legal team and cross-functionally with other teams on a variety of commercial matters
- Work closely with members of the Legal team to develop and improve applicable systems, forms, processes, and procedures
- Coordinate commercial and vendor onboarding efforts across internal teams
- Coordinate billing matters with outside vendors and Legal team's e-billing solution
- Miscellaneous legal projects that arise within the Legal team
- J.D. degree with 3+ years of contracts experience within technology or financial services
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating commercial, licensing and other technology related agreements
- Experience in Legal Operations a plus
- Superior analytical ability with experience owning projects from concept to finish
- A collaborative style with the ability to work with little or no supervision
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Membership in at least one state bar (preferably California)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey legal advice to internal business clients
- Sound and practical business judgment
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Interest in or basic knowledge in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
- Experience in regulated financial services industry is a plus.