Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone and are guided by two key principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to expand the company and we are looking for a driven and enthusiastic intern to join the legal team for the summer.
Potential Projects & Responsibilities
- Assist Corporate attorneys with M&A deals and general corporate matters
- Research legal issues pertaining to money transmission licenses and the regulatory landscape of cryptocurrency
- Research and draft memo's for Lead Regulatory attorney on asset classification and risk assessment for digital assets.
- Attend to small claims and other litigation-related matters
- Current first-year or second-year law student
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Able to think critically and come up with creative solutions
- Enthusiastic about learning new disciplines
- Interest in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency a plus