At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it's important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our clients include the world's leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London, UK, Washington, D.C and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.What's the role?
The Head of Customer Success is a new role, responsible for setting our Customer Success and Customer Support strategy, and building and motivating a high-performing team to ensure that Elliptic delivers beyond its customers' expectations.
With revenue and customer numbers continuing to grow year-on-year, we are looking for a customer-focused leader to develop our Customer Success philosophy, build a team from the ground-up and lead from the front by working with some of our most strategic customers. Working collaboratively across all areas of the business, you'll inspire and grow a team to create amazing customer experiences across all aspects of the customer journey. You will take a metric-driven approach to owning and reporting on key customer health metrics.
We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, sometimes unstructured environment where personal accountability is valued.What you'll do:
- Set the overall vision and strategic plan to maximise customer success and deliver customer support.
- Recruit, nurture and motivate a highly engaged, high-performing customer success and support team.
- Lead by example; you'll inspire your team to foster strong relationships with their customers, giving them the tools and skills to exceed customer expectations.
- Creating customer specific account development plans
- Building high touch, consultative and strong relationships with our most strategic customers through regular and open communications
- Delivering expertise, education, and guidance to customers as they craft and deliver their crypto-related risk and compliance strategies.
- Understanding the intricacies of our products, services and partners thoroughly to leverage as needed to meet our customers needs.
- Sharing ideas and feedback on trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information and acting as the voice of the customer internally
- Translate business goals into key objectives and metrics for your team. Identify, track and analyze key metrics, including product usage, SLA resolution, Average Revenue Per Account, NPS, and Churn Rate to drive delivery of the customer success strategy.
- Develop customer segmentation and support approaches that are aligned to various customer type/size/potential scenarios. Deploy tech-focused customer success tools to maintain efficient customer acquisition and onboarding.
- Create and deliver customer implementation plans to accelerate time-to-value for customer, and reduce onboarding friction.
- Deliver ongoing customer support, responding to customer queries and coordinating across the various Elliptic teams to solve their problems in line with agreed SLAs.
- Support the Product team with new feature roll outs, including training of customers, drafting client communications, implementing training tools etc.
- Actively contribute towards market development work, such as working with marketing and community teams to create high quality collateral/content and driving engagement at events.
Requirements You'll be a great fit here if you:
- Have done this before! You've most likely been a Head of Customer Success in another fast-growing SaaS startup, and know what it takes to build a brilliant team from scratch.
- Are an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and excel through self-motivation and personal drive.
- Have a track record of building the systems and processes to ensure we can deliver the same great experience for customer 1,000 as we did for customer 1.
- Have a passion for problem solving and are goal-oriented.
- You are a listener with an exceptionally high EQ and the ability to empathise with your customer's problems.
- Know how startups work and you have an interest in technology.
- Are a proactive doer. embody proactivity, with a can-do roll-your-sleeves-up attitude, and don't wait around to be told what to do!
- You are a culture leader, bring a sense of humour to your work, and have high energy and drive.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, health insurance, pension plan and EMI options
- Career development plan & personal training budget
- Fortnightly team lunches, snacks and drinks in the office, and quarterly team events
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who'll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies!